Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Why didn't i listen to myself?

I just got Verizon FiOS installed yesterday and couldn't hate it more. I didn't care that the speed of the service was going to be slower than my existing cable high speed internet service. I made a decision to go "all-in" with Verizon based on the fact that I felt my land-line phone service would be more reliable and that I would save about $10/month versus bundling TV, Phone and internet with Comcast. My big concern was that historically, Verizon has been a thorn in my side as customer service is concerned.

Here is a common Verizon customer service interaction:

  1. Place call to verizon
  2. Get message saying your request can only be handled between 8-6PM. Please call back then.
  3. Call back next day
  4. Place request
  5. "our system that handles that is down today. your request will go into effect tomorrow."
  6. Check tomorrow to see if request has been acted on
  7. Problem still exists
  8. Call to say problem still exists
  9. "we have no record of you making that request. Please call back between 8-6PM to speak to someone who can handle your request."
  10. consider poking myself with a sharp stick (less painful than contemplating dealing with Verizon again).
So much for the FiOS "one number for all your needs" service plan. You call that and you get the same old crap as above. You tell them you aren't happy about it and you get a typical Verizon answer: sorry about that, (but you can go fuck yourself).

Verizon blows sheep. They suck. I hate them. I should have never turned off my Comcast connection. It took over one month for them to even make it to my house to install the damn thing and then it takes one day to completely piss me off.

I will keep posting to let you know how my experience progresses. I put the over/under at 3 months before I pay the cancellation fee and switch everything to Comcast.

Cheers!

No comments: