Tuesday, January 01, 2008

How are the Picks, Part 3

INDEPENDENCE BOWL
Dec. 30, Colorado (6-6) vs. Alabama (6-6)
My Pick: Bama 23, Colorado 17
Result: Bama 30, Colorado 24

Both teams seemed to genuinely want to win this. The Tide jumped out to a lead that the Buffs could not overcome. Both teams are likely very happy to be leaving Shreveport.

ARMED FORCES BOWL
Dec. 31, Cal (6-6) vs. Air Force (9-3)
My Pick: Falcons 35, Bears 21
Result: Bears 42, Falcons 36

After jumping out to a huge lead, the Bears finally decide to run it and throw it down the Falcons throat behind their backup QA. I guessTedford finally woke up and took an interest in coaching for a living.

SUN BOWL
Dec. 31, USF (9-3) vs. Oregon (8-4)
My Pick: USF 42, Oregon 17
Result: Oregon 56, USF 21

Holy shit! I fell quite the fool. Not even close. Where was this Oregon team the last three weeks of the season.

HUMANITARIAN BOWL
Dec. 31, Fresno State (8-4) vs. Georgia Tech (7-5)
My Pick: Georgia Tech 26, Fresno State 23
Result: Fresno State 40, Georgia Tech 28

Interim coaches are taking it on the chin this year. Fresno finishes strong.

MUSIC CITY BOWL
Dec. 31, Florida State (7-5) vs. Kentucky (7-5)
My Pick: Kentucky 49, FSU 20
Result: Kentucky 35, FSU 28

FSU keeps it much closer that I thought they would. Bobby Bowden heads into 2008 with a one game lead over Jo Pa. This could get interesting.On the other side of the ball, UK to return to doormat obscurity next season.

INSIGHT BOWL
Dec. 31, Indiana (7-5) vs. Oklahoma State (6-6)
My Pick: OSU 44, Indiana 14
Result: OSU 49, Indiana 33

Indiana still has a fine season considering all they had to deal with. Let's hope they can keep it up next season. OSU will head into 2008 with some momentum, but don't expect any major leaps forward.

CHICK-FIL-A BOWL
Dec. 31, Clemson (9-3) vs. Auburn (8-4)
My Pick: Clemson 35, Auburn 31
Result: Auburn 23, Clemson 20 (OT)

I thought this game would be close and it was. The difference was the Auburn defense. Muschamp is sure to get a HC job in the next year or two.

Record in this post: 3-4
Cumulative record for Bowl Season: 10-9

No comments: