Sunday, January 06, 2008

How are the Picks, Part 5

FIESTA BOWL
Jan. 2, West Virginia (10-2) vs. Oklahoma (11-2)
My Pick: Sooners 31, Mountaineers 23
Result: Mountaineers 48, Sooners 28

WVU came out swinging and rolled in this game. OU comes out flat in the BCS yet again. I was very surprised at this result and am not sure what this means for Stoops as a coach. Lots of good coaches go through stretches of good and bad bowl results. Nebraska's Osbourne was the perennial bowl loser before turning the corner and dominating the mid 90s. Congrats to Stewart on winning a job with the victory, but I believe such appointments are almost always destined for failure.

ORANGE BOWL
Jan. 3, Kansas (11-1) vs. Virginia Tech (11-2)
My Pick: Hokies 27, Kansas 18
Result: Kansas 24, Hokies 21

Kansas comes in and at least proves my analysis sorely lacking. If Va. Tech at least had any offense, they probably would have easily won this game.

INTERNATIONAL BOWL
Jan. 5, Rutgers (7-5) vs. Ball State (7-5)
My Pick: Rutgers 28, Ball State 24
Result: Rutgers 52, Ball State 30

Rutgers dominates in game at held the interest of tens of fans.

GMAC BOWL
Jan. 6, Tulsa (9-4) vs. Bowling Green (8-4)
My Pick: Tulsa 33, Bowling Green 23.
Result: Tulsa 63, Bowling Green 7

Holy shit. I am guessing Arkansas would have actually liked to have an offense that could do that week in and week out versus what Houston Nutt gave them this year and last.

Record in this post: 2-2
Cumulative record for Bowl Season: 16-13

At least I am guaranteed a winning record for bowl season at this point.

No comments: