Tuesday, January 01, 2008

How are the Picks, Part 4

OUTBACK BOWL
Jan. 1, Wisconsin (9-3) vs. Tennessee (9-4)
My Pick: Wisconsin 9, Tennessee 8
Result: Tennessee 21, Wisconsin 17

Boring game between two boring teams. Wow. I am on the edge of my seat for a Vol win. Yeeha.
COTTON BOWL
Jan. 1, Missouri (11-2) vs. Arkansas (8-4)
My Pick: Missouri 35, Arkansas 23
Result: Missouri 38, Arkansas 7

Arkansas was even less into the game than expected. I don't care what McFadden says, he was mentally checked out and thinking about not hurting himself for the huge signing bonus he will get post NFL draft day.

GATOR BOWL
Jan. 1, Virginia (9-3) vs. Texas Tech (8-4)
My Pick: Red Raiders 56, UVa 35
Result: Red Raiders 31, UVa 28

Tech guts out a win in a game featuring a horrible leg injury late in the 4th. Much closer than I thought, but Al Groh's inability to be imaginative is always something you can count on.

CAPITAL ONE
Jan. 1, Michigan (8-4) vs. Florida (9-3)
My Pick: Gators 49, Wolverines 19
Result: Wolverines 41, Gators 35

I should have listened to my doubts about the ability of the Gator defense to hold any opponent down. Kudos to Carr and Michigan for a well played win. Darts to the Gator defenders for their abundance of trash talking in the game. I would hope Meyer will remind them in the future that supposed SEC supremacy does not matter once the whistle blows against an equally talented opponent.

ROSE BOWL
Jan. 1, USC (10-2) vs. Illinois (9-3)
My Pick: USC 39, Illinois 17
Result: USC 49, Illinois 17

USC pulls way away in the second half as Illinois finally wakes up and realizes that they are Illinois.

SUGAR BOWL
Jan. 1, Hawaii (12-0) vs. Georgia (10-2)
My Pick: Georgia 38, Hawaii 21
Result: Georgia 41, Hawaii 10

The result never in doubt in this game, too bad Brennan actually completed any passes whatsoever.

Record in this post: 4-2
Cumulative record for Bowl Season: 14-11

No comments: