Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bowl Results volume 1

Bowl games from December 2, 2008, with commentary. My original winning pick has the *.

EAGLEBANK BOWL
Wake Forest 29
*Navy 19

I figured that there was nothing materially different about this game than the first they played this year. The first half was similar to that first game. However, Wake showed up for the the fourth quarter this time and that is why the results are different.

MAGICJACK ST. PETERSBURG BOWL
Memphis 14
*South Florida 41

In a matchup of really crappy teams, one looks for some reason to pick one over the other. In what is essentially a home game for USF, I figured they would be better prepared to win.

NEW MEXICO BOWL
*Colorado St 40
Fresno St 35

I went with conference strength on this one. Plus I figure Pat Hill jumped the shark about three years ago. The giant killing Fresno of a few years ago with their "Anyone, any time, any place" motto seems completely dead at this point.

PIONEER LAS VEGAS BOWL
*(16) Brigham Young 21
Arizona 31

I figured the MWC owned the PAC-10 this year and why stop now. With a very good MWC team playing a crappy PAC-10 team, you don't go against that trend. Shows you how much I know. I guess we can take Stoops off the hot seat and give him Crappy Bowl Winning mediocre coach status. Whoop-de-freakin-do.

R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL
Southern Miss 30
*Troy 27

Wow. A complete toss up game between two teams that serve as scare fodder for BCS teams. What a game though. Fitting it went to OT since pick 'em status seemed the only real way to handicap this one.

No comments: